Saturday, March 6, 2010

The 82nd Oscar Red Carpet Rundown 2010

The Academy Awards, popularly known as the Oscars, are presented annually by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) to recognize excellence of professionals in the film industry, including directors, actors, and writers. The formal ceremony at which the awards are presented is one of the most prominent award ceremonies in the world. This year at the 82nd Academy Awards hosted by Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin year is no exception with the talent and stardom for one night! This night was full of great fashion and I will be giving you the run down of the best dresses of the night!

By: Denise L. Young

The Red Carpet Rundown

Nicole Richie from the "Simple Life" stepped out in a vintage Reem Acra gown! Mrs. Richie looks marvlous in this 60's gown! I gave her a nod of elegance.


Handsome Tom Ford was the only man that made his own clothing to wear at the Oscars. And may I say there is no word to describe how good he looks on the Red Carpet!
It was definitely the night for blue at the Oscars! Gabouley Sidibe wore a lovely gown which showed us that she is precious as a new comer at the Oscars.

Jennifer Lopez's strapless Armani Prive gown was like origami-fold thing,but it is JLO so she can do no wrong in my eyes!

Oscar winner Sandra Bullock was simply gorgeous in her Marchesa gown! She came to win on the Red Carpet becoming the victor for her performance in "Blind Side".

Well, I can say the worst dress award goes to Charlize Theron in my book. This lilac rosettes by Dior Haute Couture was dreadful!


I have been a fan of Ryan Reynold from the start and let me tell you he looked great on the Red Carpet in a design by Tom Ford.


I love Zoe Saldana!This dramatic Givenchy couture gown had alot going on with the glitter,ruffles and the colors,but the color in my opinion was beautiful on her!
Out of the young stars that attended the Oscars I picked Miley Cyrus gown! I thought she was well put together as a upcoming star! This Southern bell was stunning.


Congrats to Mo'Nique on her Oscar win for "Precious". She was elegant in her gown as she paid tribute to Hattie Dainels as this Queen accepted her award for supporting actress.

Penelope Cruz is always a favorite on the Red Carpet! Nothing else to say but "that gown is dazzling".

What can I say but I really enjoyed the Red Carpet this year! Like many other fans I wait to see what celebrities wear and what designers do they use as the biggest night unfolds. As usual ,I had my favorites but to be honest fashion is in the eye on the beholder!

















































































No comments:

Post a Comment